A powerful utility mod that gives you control over which side of the target the block is placed against. Designed to be small, low footprint and unobtrusive until you need it.
- Never again fall off with a shift-fail when placing blocks
- Stand back from that lava!
- Build down where no Steve has built before
- Client side only – use anywhere
- A wireframe shows where the block will be placed
- Choose your method to control the block position – use one key, two keys, the mouse or the arrow keys
- AutoOff mode to turn off BlockPlacer whenever you move the cursor off the block
- AutoRepeat mode so you can just keep clicking to place more blocks in the same direction
- SmartStart mode to intelligently(*) select the exact spot you want to put the block OR turn it off to default to the boring minecraft standard * for low levels of intelligence
- Nether mode automatically swaps the red and green colours of the wireframe for high contrast
- Uses standard minecraft key bindings that you can change on the fly
- Configure the UI – size, location and colours all up for grabs
- Check out the config file for full documentation
- Find the secret client side command and you can change config on the fly (just don’t try /mrbp, whatever you do)
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
With BlockPlacer, you have control over where blocks are placed – if you can reach any side of a block, you can choose to place on a different side. Perfect for building down from a floating island, or outwards, or upwards while staying under cover from those pesky ghasts. Or, like Wreckage, for getting into those hard to reach places without breaking everything.
A Reminder icon displays when BlockPlacer is active, and shows what direction the block will be placed …
When you are holding a block that can be placed, a wireframe appears to show where the block will be placed…
With AutoRepeat mode you can just keep clicking to keep placing blocks in the same direction – as far as you can reach …
But if you’d prefer to change direction, just change it and keep going …
The SmartStart option automatically tries to pick the side you want to place on based on where you are standing and the side of the block that you select.
Perfect for building up, down or outward …