GameMastering, Building and Creation Wands. RapidForm mod contains a variety of use wands for constructing things in creative mode. It can make buildings, tunnels, roads, towers, walls and other interesting effects. It works on vanilla blocks and doesn’t need any other mods except forge. It has a very useful and nifty undo wand which lets you try out new things without making permanent changes to your world. Most wands are activated by right clicking on the ground or a block. Hovering over a wand should show a tool tip with the current settings. Again, if you don’t like the placement try the undo wand.
- Most importantly there is a wand that support a generic Undo function and will undo things done by other tools. Note, the undo wand will only “remember” the things done while the server is running. So if you quit the game the undo stack will be lost. Also, as the undo wand remembers all block modified, it can consume a lot of memory from large operations or done for a long time. All tools support the undo function so keep the undo wand handy. The undo wand can be cleared by shift-right-click the air. For OS X shift-right-click.
- Right clicking on stone brick, sandstone or red sandstone will “age it” converting blocks to cracked or rough blocks. Works particularly well with stone brick. This will NOT grow grass.
- This wand creates bridges of varying type. Each click will create a new span which will automatically send a support post down until it reaches the ground.
- A set of wands with a variety of castle parts for making your own castle. There are walls, tower parts, towers and gatehouses. Also try with the aging wand and the the “wall” mode of the bridge.
- The circle wand creates circles of varying sizes ( radius and height ) around the click point. This is useful for creating tower and defensive wall sections.
Clear Terrain Wand
- Clear terrain of plants. This is usually useful before landscaping.
- This wand is used to convert blocks touched from one type to another. It will convert the block touched and all contiguous blocks of the same type to the selected type. By default this is air.To select a new type of block to convert to, shift right click on the desired block type. To revert to air, shift right click in the air to reset to air. Clicking on the ground has interesting effects, but can consume a lot of memory.
CopyPaste Frame Wand
- This is a very powerful wand but takes a little instruction. To mark the area to copy, place a frame of some sort of block around the are to be copied. The frame needs to have only one leg in each dimension and they must touch. Each leg should be one block longer that the area to be copied, including one block below and above. See the screen shot section for an example of the frame. Once the frame has been constructed, shift-right-click on the frame to copied. The point clicked is how the shape will be placed.
- Shift right click to copy the blocks in area specified by the dimensions. Right click to paste.
- Creates solid, hollow or framed cubes of the specified type. By default it is air, right-click on another block to select that block type.
- A set of blueprints on different dungeon parts: corridors, rooms, stairs and vaults.
- Finds all blocks of the type clicked on and extrudes them in the direction of the face clicked. Has a setting to create them away.
- This wand fills areas below the click area either with water or a right-clicked substance. This is useful for filling in or fixing water areas or filling terrian. Also useful for making floating islands with the landing pad wand.
Find Replace Wand
- This wand works will replace one kind of blocks inside a frame with another. Create a frame of all the same kind of block around the area to be converted. Shift-right-click on the block find, shift-right-click again on the block to replace with. Right click on the frame.
- Flattens the terrain in an area to the level clicked. The top of each block becomes the top layer.
- A variety of sizes of building structures types to construction Italian Hilltowns.
Landing Pad Wand
- Right clicking in the air will create a dirt block under your feet.
- Digs a big mineshaft with spiral stairs all the way down to a y-value of 11.
- This wand is used to deconstruct and reconstruct all sorts of blocks. Great for moving islands. Be careful to not select too much.
Remove Water Wand
- Removes water blocks in an area. Great for draining ponds, rivers and oceans to building things on the bottom. Use the fill wand afterwards to rebuild the water.
- Creates a road or wall (if height is specified) following the landscape. In the basic mode, the road is straight and goes the specific length. Waypoints can be set by shift right clicking the ground. Then when a right click is performed, a wall will be created following the points in reverse order. (Therefore going to the last point first.) The current curve algorithm only works along the four cardinal directions and will not “turn corners.” (That is for a later version.) Will also fill water which is great for streams.
Sculpt Terrain Wand
- Used for raising and lower terrain. Great when used before smoothing to shape the terrain.
- For now only has a prototype medium ship. More to come!
Smooth Terrain Wands
- Great for smoothing terrain after sculpting.
- Used for placing spawners with a variety of different characteristics. You can create them with up to four different kinds of monsters each.
- Spreads the currently clicked block our around it the click point to the specified radius. Works horizontal or vertical. Great for filling in gaps, smoothing or extending walls or surfaces.
- Creates a fairly significant tower on the space specified. There are many options on available via right click.
- Creates some basic tunnel shapes such as a mining tunnel and some railroad tunnels.
- Supports all the vanilla village building types int the basic plains and desert styles and also in a stone brick style. Has modes for plains, desert, stone and prismarine!
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.