Tails Mod adds in a bunch of different tails including various subtypes all of which you can colour to your liking!
It’s a primarily client side mod with an (optional) server side component for syncing tails across clients. However even if the server doesn’t have the mod installed, other players with the mod can still see your tail! All you have to do is use the fancy in-game editor then export a modified version of your skin (don’t worry, we use the unused pixels so there will be no visible change on your skin) and upload that to Minecraft skin servers and bam, other players can see your tail without having the mod server side!
Each tail is customisable. Tails can have up to 3 different tints applied to them, with the entire full RGB colour available so that’s over 16.7 million different colour choices per tint! Certain tails have subtypes so they are similar to the “main” tail but with slight variations such as added parts etc and in the future, you’ll also be able to select from different textures per tail to make it even more unique to you.
You can open in the in-game editor by opening up your inventory “Tails Editor” button in the lower middle. Most of the buttons in the mod will have a tooltip to explain what they do but just have a mess about and see what you can make!
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod and FoxLib.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) files into that.
- Enjoy the mod.