Darwin Mod adds in the ability to cross-breed mobs and create entire new species! And yes, it does get really freaky. This mod adds a mob, but the particularity of this mob is that it has chromosomes with genes. Their genetics define their color, skin, shape, behaviour… There are billions of possibilities. In the wild you’ll meet some of them inspired by existing mobs in Minecraft or other animals.
You can make them mate as any pig or sheep with wheat. The child will inherit from its parents following the same biological laws than in real life including mutations. Then you can obtain phenotypes which couldn’t exist in the wild.
Each mob actually has the following components:
- A body (4 possible shapes)
- A head (3 possible shapes or none)
- A snout (3 possible shapes or none)
- Ears/horns (3 possible shapes or none)
- A tail (3 possible shapes or none)
- 2 rear legs (3 possible shapes or none)
- 2 front legs/arms (3 possible shapes or none)
- The speed it can move depends on the size of the legs
- Rotation of the body (from 0 to 90°)
- Color (16,581,375 colors)
- Skin (11 different skins)
- Dropped item (126 possibilities)
- AI and behaviour: depending on some genes, some tasks are added like “hunt cows” for example or “flee when hit” or “look for shade”.
- Other behaviours: burn in sun, hurt by water, immune to fire…
How to install Darwin Mod:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.