Default World Generator Mod is a mod designed for Minecraft ModPack makers who want to have a specific world generator selected by default. The user is still able to change it if they desire, but it will change it from “default” to what ever you specify in the config file. This is a client only side mod, and does not go on the server.
This mod changes the Default World Generator in single player Minecraft.
The easiest way to configure Default World Generator is as follows:
- Launch Minecraft.
- On the title screen click on mods.
- Select Default World Generator in the list.
- Click on configure.
Here you can set a few items:
- Seed: This presets a seed for the user (although they can still edit it when you lock the world type).
- World Generator: When you press this button you will be given a list of world types to choose from.
- CustomizationJson: This will open the worlds customization screen if one is available.
- Lock World Type: This will allow you to lock the world type and customization so they cannot be edited.
- Bonus Chest lets you choose how the bonus chest button is shown (enabled/disabled/and if the bonus is forced or not).
- Default World Data: allows you to explicitly prevent copying data into a newly created world (by default this is enabled).
Install the mod into your mods folder, make sure the mod that provides your world generator is also installed. Launch minecraft, once it is loaded close minecraft and edit the defaultworldgenerator.cfg file that is in your config folder. If you know the name of the generator, just replace default with the name.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.