Simply Caterpillar mod adds a drill that makes 3×3 mineshafts for you. It is split off from Caterpillar mod, the gameplay based more on the original concept than what Caterpillar has become.
- Drill Heads – The main part of the drill. Has 24 slots of storage built in, and a fuel slot. Power can be toggled in the gui, and fuel consumption will pause when the caterpillar is turned off.
- Reinforcement Builder – Replaces gravel/sand, lava, water, and air in the square surrounding the mineshaft with the block of your choice. The blocks can all be configured in the gui, as well as what gets replaced on each side.
- Decoration Placer – Builds the inside of the mineshaft. By default, it is set up to make it resemble a vanilla mineshaft, but it is highly configurable. Again, configuration is done from the gui.
- Item Collector – Collects fallen items as it moves, and puts them in the caterpillar’s inventory. Pretty useful if you don’t want to manually pick up all blocks the drill breaks.
- Drill Storage – Adds 24 more slots to the drill’s inventory.
- Incinerator – Destroys the items set in the gui if they are in the caterpillar’s inventory. Useful for preventing the caterpillar’s inventory from getting filled up with materials you don’t want. It is configured to destroy Dirt, Sand, and Gravel by default.
Some of the key differences between this and Caterpillar are that Simply Caterpillar:
- Has unlimited possible caterpillar length
- Doesn’t require you to keep adding drill blades
- Doesn’t limit the number of components in each drill
- Doesn’t have an upgrade system; there is only one, fully functional drill
- Uses the Forge json update system, which is more efficient and far less annoying than the Caterpillar update checker
- Is open source
- Has overall better performance than Caterpillar
The Drill (further angle)
The main gui